Re: Spit won't start...

To: Pat niemeyer <pat@sbctri.sbc.com>
Subject: Re: Spit won't start...
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 10:44:25 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 14 Jun 1994, Pat niemeyer wrote:

> I think my '66 Spit is feeling negelected, having been left in the garage
> since last summer, and has decided to cause me as much trouble as possible ;)
>
> It doesn't want to start... looks to me like I'm not getting a sparc,
> but perhaps someone can tell me how to diagnose this properly...

There are systematic ways to diagnose this, but they take too long to
type.  See almost any repair manual.

However, if I were you I would attempt to leapfrog all the systematic
stuff, by cleaning and regapping the points, or replacing them altogether.
They can develop high resistance if the car's been sitting.  There is a
good chance that will do it.  If that does not work then you can get
systematic.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910