Re: car sighting...

To: Croaker the Physician <markl@us.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: car sighting...
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 15:15:26 -0400 (EDT)
You must be young.

Auburn is a classic American company.  The car you described was the
Auburn boat-tailed speedster, ca. 1935 (I'm working from memory), powered
by a supercharged Lycoming engine.  At this point, Auburn was part of the
Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Co. of Indiana, hence the pipes similar to
Duesenberg.  You should find pictures in any good history of american makes.

I suspect the R in the license stands for "Replica."  Real ones are very
rare, but there are good replicas.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910