3 wheeler Morgan

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: 3 wheeler Morgan
From: Marcel Chichak <chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 23:28:04 MDT
@LURK_MODE=OFF

yesterday gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati) said:

>Before I get on a soapbox about your find let me tell you
>and all that I'm big time crazy about Mogs. That being said
>let me have a go at your "find".

>I'd be the one to get the car and worry about the problems
>(financial) regarding a rebuild.

>Pros:

...all stuff that's readily apparent from just looking at the cute
little thing. Look, the barn has tons of 1920's-1950's cars: Packard,
Amilcar (1923 complete and running!), Morris, Vaxhaull, Standard etc.
etc. but the Mog is the only one that grabbed me deeply. And I'm not in the
market for another car. I've got one of the best Mini's in town (car
show on Saturday, awards in the works!) and the Cooper historic rally
car, what more could a guy want? Well, the Mog is exactly it. Convincing
me to grab it is not the issue, it's just that this is uncharted
territory.

>Cons:

>Because of its age and design it's not an easy car to drive or
>maintain. You just can't jump on the Interstate and keep up
>with traffic...

You're telling this to a Mini driver? You can't scare me that easy! I'm
up to the job if anyone is. Now where did I put that Whitworth spanner?

>Hell, If I was able to afford it I'd ask you where that barn was myself...

Not telling!

When I was talking to the owner he told me that he had talked to MR MORGAN at
the factory and it was originally sold to a woman who raced trikes, so the
car may have a racing history. This would, of course, clinch the deal. I
made pictures of what was accessable and I'll post them to the three
wheeler club so they can tell me what I'm looking at. I''m also going to
order the Three Wheeler Gold Portfolio from Classic Motor Books RSN, or as
soon as I get my whizzy new fax/modem config'ed properly.

Rob Reilly also wrote about the engines: J.A.P., Blackburne, Matchless etc.
I pulled a photo sent by a fellow in Ariziona last year of him racing at
Sears Point. There it is in living colour: the big M, Matchless. The
photo confirms that it's not a Matchless engine I'm dealing with, but
another water cooled lump. The mounts and suspension look correct
though. Gotta get that book sent UPS maybe....

@LURK_MODE=ON

*Marcel Chichak  Certified Mini Nut | Go in deeper, come out  *
*voice (403)466-6004                |harder and come from     *
*Fax (403)469-8650                  |behind!, That's what it's*
*chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca       |like to race a Mini!     *