Re: Morris Mini Help

To: nezrick@admail.fnal.gov
Subject: Re: Morris Mini Help
From: grif@win.icl.co.uk
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 13:05:53 BST
> Quick question.  Did the Morris Mini 1300cc engine come only in the Cooper S?

As far as I know the only official 1300cc engined Mini was the Inocenti
Cooper, this looked like a real Mini as opposed to the box like Inocenti-Mini.
The Cooper S's engine was officially 1275 (plus some others on earlier
cars, e.g. 1071).  The "1300" engine was I believe always 1275cc and was used
in several non-mini cars, e.g. the Austin/Moris 1300, the Mini-Metro
1300 as well as the MG Metro (both normal and turbo).  For a reference
to the Mini as well as the A series engine see Dave Vizards books on
"How to modify your Mini" and on the A series.

Regards Phil.