Re: Spitfire Refurb Weekend

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov,
Subject: Re: Spitfire Refurb Weekend
From: John Trindle <jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 08:34:57 -0400
You're right, it's a lot of oil.  The Spitfire uses the same amount, though..

I'd like a copy of sfisher's Midget installation paper... if nothing else
it will be entertaining.  Plus, if the Midget in question has permanently
mounted bows it will be useful, if not for the Spit, for the B top I plan
to put on after the Spit is done.

The only reason I think it might be partially a leak is that the bottom of
the oil pan (everything back from the timing cover) is damp all the time.
No drips I can find, now that the shocks are replaced.

Thanks, Marcus!

John Trindle

73 MGB                jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov or
88 RX-7 GXL C/Stock   70303.3506@compuserve.com
69 Spitfire           IFT-PRO/ISS for FS5/FSPLAN

"Fourth Law of Thermodynamics:
  If the probability of success is not almost one,
  then it is damned near zero."