Re: Spitfire Refurb Weekend

To: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Spitfire Refurb Weekend
From: John Trindle <jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 08:29:23 -0400
Not really a context switch, the Spitfire still has the same leaking problem.
However, the compression is bad on ONE of the Spit cylinders...  unfortunately,
it seems to move back and forth between 2 and 3, so I have no clue what
is going on there.

Anyway, I thought the compression being 120 (target 130) on all pots on the
'B' would mean the oil use came from some obscure 'B' trouble spot.

Thanks for the response!

John Trindle

73 MGB                jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov or
88 RX-7 GXL C/Stock   70303.3506@compuserve.com
69 Spitfire           IFT-PRO/ISS for FS5/FSPLAN

"Wyszkowski's Second Law:
   Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough."