Re: Spitfire Refurb Weekend

To: John Trindle <jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Refurb Weekend
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 16:33:28 CST

Subject: Spitfire Refurb Weekend
Author:  John Trindle <jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov>
Date:    6/15/94  4:34 PM

Ahem.

No responses to my message of this last weekend.  Perhaps I sinned by
mentioning Seven instead of TRF? <cynical smirk>.

Anyway, to sum up my begging and whining:

1) What's good for soundproofing and heat-insulating an ABS transmission
tunnel for a Spitfire?

    As has been mentioned here before, mylarized bubble insulation
    available at your friendly building supplies store works great
    and is relatively thin.

2) What makes jets on HS2 carbs stick if the needles are centered?  When
you use the choke, they don't go back up unless you tweak them directly
(instead of just pushing the choke back in).

    Dunno.

3) Any tricks for putting on a Spit soft top?

    Dunno.

4) Anything I should look at first to track down a 100-150 mile range
on 1 qt of oil in an MGB 18V engine?  Compression is 120 on all 4 cylinders.

    Whoa! Context switch!