Re[2]: Ted Wingate/Precision Balancing

To: timd@world.std.com
Subject: Re[2]: Ted Wingate/Precision Balancing
From: TJ_Jerome@tallysys.com
Date: 17 Jun 94 11:01
> Does anyone know the current location of Ted Wingate, who used to have
> a business in Bedford, MA called Precision Balancing?  My Elan engine
> was balanced by his firm around 1970, and there's a stamp "PB 871" on
> my crank and flywheel. I'd like to ask him some specifics of the job
> if he still has records that go that far back.

Tim Dziechowski wrote:
I stumbled across this place the other day on the way to my new job.  He's
off Route 111 a couple miles east of Nashua, NH.  He does auto/marine
engine balancing and blueprinting, race engine prep, and has done a lot of
British iron.  Good resource for the dozen or so SOLers within easy reach
of Nashua, NH.  If you want any go-fast stuff done to your lump, this is
the guy.  He has an index card with the balance data for every engine his
firm has ever balanced, and he's well into four digits now.  Call him up
and read him your number.

        Ted Wingate
        Precision Balancing & Machine Corp.
        5 Industrial Drive
        Hudson, N.H. 03051
        603-889-6211

<<< Thanks, Tim. I called Ted with my number and he had the specs of my
engine's balancing work (performed in 1970, mind you) in about 45 seconds!
I was astonished and pleased. Anybody this organized probably does good,
reliable work!

Ted >>>
---   TJ (Ted) Jerome   Tally Systems Corp.  603-643-1300 x220   ---
---   Hanover, New Hampshire, USA       TJ_Jerome@TallySys.com   ---
---   1968, soon to be 1967 Elan S3 SS Coupe  36/7679            ---
---   Mr. Peabody--into the wayback machine!                     ---