HS2 jet stick

To: @car.dis
Subject: HS2 jet stick
From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 13:41:25 EDT

> 2) What makes jets on HS2 carbs stick if the needles are centered?  When
> you use the choke, they don't go back up unless you tweak them directly
> (instead of just pushing the choke back in).

Perhaps the choke shaft linkage is binding.  Sometimes if the carbs are
tightened up at a slightly skewed relative angle, the throttle and
choke shafts tend to stick.
Also inspect and WD40 the springs on the choke shaft to ensure they
are doing their job.
Finally, I just had the same problem you described and after doing what
is outlined above, found that the choke cable was propped up against the
inner wing.  So even when I pushed the choke knob in from the cockpit,
I was still engaging the fast idle cams.  Solution: tie wrap the choke
cable to the heat shield effectively introducing a service loop.  It
worked for me.
If it is just your jets that won't recede into the carb body, check the
contorted metal bracket that mates the jet to the choke shaft.  If this
is stressed or if the little screw that secures it to the jet is not
aligned just right, the jet can get wedged in the carb.  Been there,
seen that...

Good luck,

-Skip