$1.33 vacuum brake bleeder, wire wheel ques...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (digest)
Subject: $1.33 vacuum brake bleeder, wire wheel ques...
From: Curt Onstott <fungus@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 14:32:17 -0700 (PDT)
My Midget has wire wheels.  I have a Haynes manual and it doesnt say much
about maintaining them.  I cleaned up the splines and regreased them.
There is a little bit of wear on the splines.  How can I tell whether the
wheels need replaced?

BTW--

If you want to make your own vacuum brake bleeder, I did so by getting a
used 60 cc Syringe from my vetrinarian, cutting an inch of aquarium sized
tubing and putting it over the tip, then putting a foot long lenghth of
bleeder sized tubing over this and clamping it with a small hose clamp.
Works great!  Total cost: $1.33.  Clean the syringe out with brake fluid
first :^)  These syringes are also great for flushing out brake lines,
filling brake parts with fluid before assembly etc.  They last foreever
too.