Re: MGB workshop manuals

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Subject: Re: MGB workshop manuals
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 11:27:46 -0500 (CDT)
Will Zehring asks >
> Can anyone out there recommend a workshop manual for the MGB, other than the
> Haynes manual?  Haynes seems quite variable in terms of depth of detail from
> chapter to chapter and it just isn't helpful enough for me at times.  I have
> the "Complete Official E-type" manual from Robert Bentley (sp?) and that is
> a very nice book on that car.  Is there a similar book on the B?  Any other
> suggestions?

Yes. "The Complete Official MGB" is what you want.  From the British-Cars
Monster List of Vendors:

------------------------------------
Bentley:
Robert Bentley, Publishers
1000 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, Mass.  02138
(800) 423-4595

They offer factory workshop manuals and drivers handbooks for LBC marques
MG, Austin-Healey, Triumph, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Morris Minor.
(Non-LBC:  VW, Audi, BMW, SAAB, Toyota).  Also a limited selection of
restoration and racing books.  Call for current catalog (they take credit
cards). - timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski)