Spitfire hardtop/overheating

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire hardtop/overheating
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 08:14:00 -0400
Marcus Tooze: Sorry this took so long. Perhaps Don
Lawson at 717.424.6379 could help you with your
qundry about Spit hardtops. Mention my name. Don
was selling a hardtop at Carlisle this year and
last. Seemed fairly knowledge about what models it
would fit.

W. Ray Gibbons/Adam Buckley: What cam are you running?
I seem to remember reading (Vizard, maybe?) that a warmer
cam will "load up" when idling. I, too, have experienced
similar with my '67 TR4A in stop and go traffic on warm
days. If the engine isn't working, it won't be keeping/
blowing the carbon out the cumbustion chambers and there-
fore "loading up" as it were. One has to keep bliping the
control rod.

Matt; I tried to post direct, but it bounced. I am interested
in a copy of Huffaker. If you e-mail me, I can e-mail
respond with snail-mail address.

Alan