TR8 differential

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR8 differential
From: James TenCate <jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 22:58:40 -0500
One or many of the bearings in the differential of my TR8 is going bad.
The noise is getting QUITE loud and I think I need to do something soon
before something seizes.  I'm told no one rebuilds TR8 rear ends;  it's
too time consuming and there's still too many good used ones around.

So, does anyone know of a good used TR8 diff/rear end near the Austin, TX
area (shipping these things gets expensive you know)?  Thanks.  Jim.

(Woody Cooper doesn't have any, and both TS Imports and Eightparts are
a little distant...  I'm hoping for something nearer)