Re: bolt plating

To: TATERRY@aol.com, phile@stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: bolt plating
From: bownes@lucas.emi.com (R.M. Bownes III)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 08:52:17 +0500
->The source I found locally for the l-o-n-g bolts in the front suspension
->of my Europa was the Caterpillar heavy-equipment dealer.  The grade-8
->bolts they sold me are dull black.  Since these were made for some
->down-and-dirty uses, I expect it is the "Black Zinc" type.   I get a kick
->out of showing my more techie friends the little Caterpillar logo on
->the bolt heads.
->

Yup.  Cat is one of the more highly reccommended sources for bolts in
this country. They make them themselves, the right way. Fastener
technology is incredible stuff.

Anyway, you can buy bolts from your local Cat dealer, one at a time or
a hundred at a time, metric or SAE. I've got an order sheet around
somewhere.

iii