Sunbeam GT's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam GT's
From: jfhess@bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu (John Hess)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 08:00:30 -0800
To add what little I can to the remarks from
tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)

The Sunbeam GT has been described accurately.  My additional points concern
Tigers:  1, a FEW authentic Tigers were made as GT models.  They were sold
with the hard top only, no soft top.  2. The TIGER HARRINGTON (only one was
ever made) is in Sacramento, CA and is quite remarkable;  It is very pretty
(dark Blue ext. light blue interior) with a hatchback.   Other Tigers are
LeMans Tigers constructed for racing.  These two cars look similar but were
constructed in different places.
For an excellent discussion of Tigers, see "The Book of Norman" by Norman
Miller, available from Sunbeam Specialties.

The most likely Sunbeam GT to run across is the little, 4 cyl, late 60's
miniature barracuda looking sunbeam alpine.  I think they are quite cute
and certainly similar to an MGBGT, but I wouldn't prefer one to my Tiger!

John Hess, PhD                    Phone me 916 752 8420
Dept of Human Anatomy             FAX me 916 752 8520
University of Calif               Email me jfhess@ucdavis.edu
Davis, CA                         or leave me alone, your choice.