Re: British Cars Digest #1268 Sat Jun 25 13:30:12 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1268 Sat Jun 25 13:30:12 MDT 1994
From: hyke@sybase.com (Lea Hyke)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 94 22:15:51 PDT
To: Scott Fisher
Scott,
In re of your comments about my friend Clyde Baileys Cortina Mark 1,
Let me clarify a few things here. The car is a Fiatina a cross between a
fiat engine and cortina mk1 body. The conversion was mostly just engine
not uprated otherwise. The engine came out of a standard fiat 1800, and he
completely handbuilt the car doing the complete conversion and the minute
changes necessary for the somewhat larger tranny to engine part. Otherwise the
car is stock. Clyde is definitely  NOT a hot-rodder as you describe, merely
an artisan with a hand built car that is quite beyond what most people would
have converted the car to given similar circumstances. Most people would have
put in some race thing.
I really wish you had your facts straight before putting my name in here....
also I'm Lea (NO H) Hyke