Inertia Reel Seatbelts / Child seats

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Inertia Reel Seatbelts / Child seats
From: Richard Olearczyk <ollie@rcp.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 09:46:45 GMT
I have a 1976 spec. MG Midget (first of the rubber bumber models) which
has static seat belts. Has anyone got any experience of replacing these
static belts with Inertia-Reel seatbelts. (I've seen several 'replacement'
ones, but have little confidence how they will work with the reel placed
on the wheel arch behind your head). Is there still a standard fitment/
or supplier that doesn't cost the earth or require re-working of the
metalwork of the wheel-arch?

For that matter, does anyone have any experience/advice about securing
a baby-seat (rear-facing) in the front of an lbc? (Yes whilst our MG is
used as a means of escape by my wife and I, its also our second car and
we will inevitably need to carry baby in it occassionally).

--
Richard Olearczyk  (ollie)    |    RCP Ltd.,