An unpleasant subject

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: An unpleasant subject
From: todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 15:34:52 +0600
There's currently a discussion on rec.autos.driving about convertibles with
and without roll bars.  One participant has commented on several Miata drivers
who rolled their cars and "walked away".  This is something that I've wondered
about, but seldom like to ponder:  In a rollover situation, how do our Little
British Convertibles fare?  None of us like to think about this aspect of
owning a convertible, but it's always a possibility.  Surely there have been
studies done, by the manufacturers or by the various regulatory bodies (or
both); does anybody have any hard data?

-todd
todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil

'74 MGB               99K mi
'84 VW Rabbit Diesel 176K mi (broken timing belt; immobile)
'84 Volvo 245GL      172K mi
'85 Nishiki Prestige custom  (not ridden these days; make an offer)

"People said it because other people said it.  They did not know why it
was being said and heard everywhere.  They did not give or ask for
reasons."
                      - Ayn Rand, from _Atlas Shrugged_