Re: Inertia Reel Seatbelts / Child seats

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Inertia Reel Seatbelts / Child seats
From: Richard Olearczyk <ollie@rcp.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 16:17:15 GMT
In <9406291344.AA11160@vinny.cecer.army.mil> Marcus Tooze
<tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil> writes:
>Fixed belts? As standard? Thats rather odd....my 74 had inertials as
>standard.

>Anyway...you should be able to bolt inertials straight in place with no
>extra mods at all. They work fine with the arch behind your head (I've
>tested 'em several times!)

>Marcus

I should have mentioned - United Kingdom (i.e. cheap) specification. All
the inertia reel belts I've seen engage (lock) when tilted out of vertical,
so are not much use when bolted horizontally behind your head! Obvious the
original spec. you mention works differently.

--
Richard Olearczyk  (ollie)    |    RCP Ltd.,