Appendage: LBC's butter side down

To: British-Cars@Autox.team.net
Subject: Appendage: LBC's butter side down
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 15:22:49 PDT
Sorry, I had customers and had to cut my message short.
  Yes, I'm writing on the Internet and getting paid for it.
Concerning the survivability of rollover type accidents, my last letter
should read " Light rollovers are sometimes survivable".
  Rolling a car is something that MOSTLY is due to the driver.  That means,
in Most, but not all cases, the driver has done something to put his/her car
at the risk of rolling.  I'm referring only to street driving here.  Autocross
and other competitive cars should always have a rollbar/rollcage IMO.
  Your risk of rolling is very closely tied to your driving habits.  When
I was in High School, going thru differentials at a rate of 1 a year, I
installed a rollbar in my car.  Now, my driving habits are different and
I no longer use a rollbar.  I feel comfortable with this.  I no longer take
freeway onramps at twice the recommended speed.  I don't expect to be
sideways during street driving on a regular basis anymore.  And I don't
sidestep the clutch going from 1st-2nd (not usually anyway).
  I've only been in one rollover accident; I consider them to be quite rare.
I didn't suffer any brain damage (I thunk anyway).

                         Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
                         Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                         Washington State University   Pullman, Wash.
                         '67 Spit-6 (Daily)    '74 TR-6 (In Progress)