TR6 Bypass valves

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Bypass valves
From: mike@twinpeaks.prc.com (Mike Ladwig)
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 21:17:23 -0500
I read the thread on TR6 bypass valves this past week, and a little light
went on when I got to the discussion of what would happen if they were
blocked off (thanks to Randy Wilson for the excellent explanation) because
that's how my car behaves (chugging, occasional stall)!

So, this weekend - off with the carbs (did a complete rebuild, just becuase
I was there).  Sure enough, they were attached to the carb body with a
solid gasket.  When I looked at the valve itself more closely, I found that
one of them was OK, but the other had the adjusting screw snapped off flush
with the outside of the body.  The seat for the valve itself was a bit
pitted too - I don't know if thats a problem.

I'm kind of getting a sinking feeling about this, because I've never seen
any for sale in TRF, Moss, etc.  Does anyone have any ideas on where I
could get one?  I really only need the two part threaded thing-a-bob, but
I'll take it any way I can get it.

The carb is a C3613 (1974).

mike.

Michael Ladwig                                    PRC Technology Center