Re:MGB Carb Question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:MGB Carb Question
From: "John F. Kolb" <RACERX%DLV1@YMV5.YMP.GOV>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 1994 13:51:16 -0800 (PST)
Well, if it's like my 1969 Midget, there is a rubber donut that fits
over the end of the wound-steel protected line.  This line should have
a small brass tube in the end to keep it from being crushed.  There is
a brass fitting that, when tightend, compresses the donut in the bottom
of the hole in the float bowl, squeezing the end of the tube.  I suspect
this is missing or "perished" (don't you love english auto words).  It
might be stuck to the bottom of the hole, and when the line is re-inserted,
it is not getting into the hole in the donut.

WARNING: REALLY BAD ASCII ART FOLLOWS

                Float bowl body  |
                                 |  ----
                 -------^^^^^^^^^   |  | <- Brass thingy
                     ^           |  ----     Wound steel protected line
                     |                       (note brass stiffener in end)
                    Rubber donut thingy (cross section)

John F. Kolb       - I wish my computer was made by Land Rover. Why ?
KolbJ@ymv5.ymp.gov - The information superhighway is mostly unpaved.