Re: Grandfather sighted?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grandfather sighted?
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 1994 11:44:25 -0400
Miq Millman writes:
> John Lupien says:
> > This morning I spotted a nice blue rubber-bumper Midget on I-495 N near Rt.
> > 2. The MA registration started 659- and the usual alphas that I can't
>recall.
> > Was that Grandfather? And was that Dale looking stern and straight-ahead
> > as I waved from a red Civ*c?
>
> It might have been Dale, but I doubt it was "Grandfather" -- If I recall
> correctly (this is from memory since Dale wasn't in the last SOL Garage
> survey) Grandfather was/is a 1973 MGB Mk II, white I think.

Nah, it wasn't white.  Witness this voice from the past:

## Date: Tue, 16 Jul 91 11:00:56 EDT
## From: jmuller@stardent.COM (Jim Muller)
## Subject: Re:  Larz Anderson (LONG)
##
## Teal Blue, or what color is Dale's B?  About the color of a deep October sky
## at 7:30 in the morning, maybe a little darker, but not dark blue.  Just Blue
## with a capital "B".
##
## Just thought you'd like to know.  Sorry I couldn't be there.
##
## Jim Muller

I also remember "Grandfather" was a chrome-bumper-B.  Could be wrong
though, my memory stinks! :-)

What finally sealed it for me, that it wasn't Dale, was that I can't imagine
'Ovr Fovnder' driving along in Grandfather "looking stern"!

        Cheers!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert