Re: Forwarded: Kit car...is anyone interested

To: jamesa@dougal.logica.co.uk
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Kit car...is anyone interested
From: rck@fangio.asd.sgi.com (Robert Keller)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 14:10:48 -0700
:
:
>It is a sort of kit car. They were sold by a UK company and were a kind of body
>replacement for MG Midgets.  They kept the floor pan, sills, doors and
>basic structural bits of the Midget and bolted (bonded?) new wings (front and
>rear),  bonnet (hood), and tail (with no boot at all) onto it.  I think the
>reason was reduced weight, improved looks (although not in my opinion) and the
>removeal of rusty panels (although the sills/floor etc needed to be OK).

According to the book: "AZ of Sports Cars since 1945" (hi steve!):

        Arkley (GB)
        A clever fibreglass body kit introduced in 1970 to save rusted
        Sprites and Midgets.  It recalled cars such as the Morgan yet
        remained a distinctive, modern, design.

>If your really interested I could scan a picture of one.

I've just put one in the sol Images archives as arkley.jpg (58034 bytes).

...robert