1972 Triumph TR6 (with o/d) and parts FOR SALE

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1972 Triumph TR6 (with o/d) and parts FOR SALE
From: oscar urzua-macias <urzua@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 1994 22:23:35 -0700
Hi,

 Circumstances are forcing me to sell my 1972 TR6 and over $3,000 worth of
new, mostly un-installed parts. The car is (and was originally) equipped
with an overdrive unit. Complete. Clean. All numbers match. Everything
works except the o/d unit needs a new solenoid. Runs excellent. Looks good.
The front suspension was completely rebuilt 5,000 miles ago; the rear
suspension was partially rebuilt. Original-equipment, completely rebuilt anti-
roll bar. Original-equipment Michelin redlines with lots of rubber left on
them. Stock steel wheels complete with caps and trim. Chassis frame was
realigned three years ago. The body is complete (all original panels) and
straight. No rust except for a rusty floor (easily and cheaply replaceable,
if need be). Converted to electronic ignition (can be converted back to the
stock points arrangement in 20 minutes). Rebuilt alternator installed a year
and a half ago. New coil (Lucas sports). Absolutely no electrical problems
(an invaluable miracle for any Lucas-equipped car) and no cooling, lubrication,
or fuel system deficiencies. New clutch and brakes 7,000 miles ago.

 All of the included parts are new and, for the greatest part, have not yet
been installed although I installed a few of them a couple of weeks ago. My
dream was to completely rebuild the car to its original state. The parts were
not installed because I was going to give the car an expensive paint job, have
the bumpers re-chromed, and have a few subsystems rebuilt for maximum perfor-
mance. My current financial situation demands that I let my dream go.

 The parts list is too long to be posted here. It is available upon request.
All of the parts are OEM or excellent, first-rate reproductions. Bought them
from the Roadster Factory, which has a reputation for selling good stuff
(albeit it also is slightly more expensive than most of its competitors).

 The car is California-registered. Available in Palo Alto. Perfect candidate
for a complete restoration. As it is right now, it runs better and is more
responsive than many a new econobox, not to mention its infinitely better
looks. As it could be if you know what you are doing, it would turn you into
the happiest person on the road. It has been valued (without the parts) at
$3,800 by knowledgeable eyes.

 I am asking $6,300 for the whole lot, which is a more-than-fair price, but
am willing to consider all reasonable offers. Believe you me: it is well worth
taking a look at this car. Best offer takes it, unless it is too far below what
is fair; I would prefer to borrow money to survive than to sell my car to
some chap who does not deserve it. Please abstain from contacting me unless you
are serious about buying or truly enjoy talking about Triumph's beauties.

 Everything must go together unless I can find separate buyers for the car
and the complete lot of parts. Would prefer to sell to someone who can take
good care of it. If interested, please contact me by e-mail or by telephone at
(415)497-7439. Thank you,

Oscar
(urzua@leland.stanford.edu)

PS: I am not suscribed to the british-cars list, so any messages you post
here might not reach me unless there's a kind soul out there who can tell
me how to subscribe (I'm selling my TR6 but I'm going to keep my TR250;
the list sounds like fun)