Confirmed Dates for Historics

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Confirmed Dates for Historics
From: MrsFisher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 94 13:19:33 EDT
During my time spent as Scott's editorial assistant and "BritCar Wife Par
Excellance",  it came to my attention
that there was some mail going back and forth disputing
the dates for the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca.
Since it behooves me to know these things before Scott
takes it upon himself to inform me-- ("Oh by the way,
honey, everybody's coming over for pizza in an hour while
we wrench on the car.....") I took it upon myself to get
the REAL SCOOP on the event.
If you want to listen to a pre-recorded info tape yourself,
or order tickets, here's the number:

SCRAMP (408) 648-5111
Aug 26-28, this year the featured marque is Ferrari.

A 3 day advance ticket, which includes admission, parking,
grandstand seating and a paddock pass is $75 .  A 2 Day ticket
including the same stuff is $50, this if you buy your tickets
before Aug 6. A special 3 day "Flagroom Ticket"  which includes the above,
plus special infield parking, a hospitality booth that serves food & drink
Saturday & Sunday is $150. You can order these tickets on credit cards,
check, money orders
what-have-you.  Kids under 12 are free.

If you buy tickets at the gate, it costs $30 per day, cash only.
Camping:
Reserved camping Wed - Sat is $150.  First come-first
served camping is $25 day.  The difference here is a reserved campsite (if
memory serves me right) gets you an
honest-to-god campsite with a firepit, running water
and are reasonably close to bathroom facilities. The $25
camping buys you a spot on what used to be a large, hot,
lumpy, dusty, hard-baked clay infield; somewhat accessible
to the bathrooms.
I believe they have recently improved these sites, now it is
a hot, lumpy, dusty *paved* infield.  It would only be fair
to mention at this point that my duties as a Britcar mommy
has been to keep the cars safe from the predations of
my youngest daughter, and I haven't actually been there the last two years.
Since this same child announced last evening, "I'm a varmint!", I think it
only fair to admit I will not get to see Chris' new car on a parade lap, I'm
taking the varmint and her sister to see her grandmother.  It's the least I
can do.

Hope this helps.
Kim Fisher