Re: TC & Abingdon Spares

To: Philip J Ethier <phile@stpaul.gov>
Subject: Re: TC & Abingdon Spares
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 14:32:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 8 Jul 1994, Philip J Ethier wrote:

> I have had a bit of confusion on this supplier in the Monster List.  Here
> is what I have.  Please straighten me out.
> --------
> Abingdon Spares Ltd.
> PO Box 37
> South Street
> Walpole, N.H. 03608
> 603-756-4768
> ( MG-TC -TD -TF parts.)
>
> Abington Spares
> Doris and Gerry Goguen
> Westminster VT
>
> (OK, which is right, NH, or VT? -Phil)

Jerry started Abingdon Spares as a sideline (he was a trumpet player with
the Boston Philharmonic) in a suburb of Boston (Needham, Mass).  The
company moved to Walpole (many years ago) and became a full-time business
for Gerry when a vintage racing accident (flipped his MG) cost him several
finger tips (end of trumpet playing).  As far as I know AS is still there,
but as I said earlier I've been out of the T-series parts loop for a while
so could have outdated info.  The museum is across the river in Vermont,
if I remember correctly, so that could account for the Westminster
address.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
feold@umd5.umd.edu    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)