TR6 cooling system pressure

To: sol@us.oracle.com
Subject: TR6 cooling system pressure
From: Ian Macky <imacky@us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 13:48:12 PDT
Hi...

What pressure do you guys run in your TR6 cooling systems?  My '69 runs
cold all the time, and after I had to replace the lost radiator cap (7psi)
with a 15psi (all I could find at the time), it's even colder.  Bentley
says 14psi for all years.

If I let it sit and idle on a warm day, it stabilizes at under the halfway
mark on the temp gauge.  At highway speeds on a coolish day, it shows less
than 1/4 scale.

I wonder if maybe I should calibrate to make sure it's not lying?  Anyone
have the procedure for that?  What voltage/resistance (I don't even know
how the sensor works) matchs top/bottom of scale?

--ian