RE: TC got the shakes

To: British-Cars@Autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TC got the shakes
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 94 12:57:38 PDT
Dave,

   Your shaking TC screams one thing to me.  And yes it would be affected
by a motor rebuild.   Clutch Pilot bushing.
   It may be that in 4th gear, since the input shaft does not drive the counter
gear, it is not stabilized from wobbling as much.

   Now I'm probably going to be inundated with flames about how TC's don't
have a pilot bushing, the input shaft was wrapped with leather at the factory,
or some other ingenious British design.  EXccccuuuuse me.  I'm just trying
to help.

      I (seriously) hope this helps.

                         Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
                         Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                         Washington State University   Pullman, Wash.
                         '67 Spit-6 (Daily)    '74 TR-6 (In Progress)