Torched Esprit in San Jose junkyard

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, lotus-cars@netcom.com
Subject: Torched Esprit in San Jose junkyard
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 14:03:51 PDT
     Today whilst perusing my favorite pick-your-part auto
     dismantler, I stumbled across something I never
     expected to see amidst the clapped out econoboxes, and
     that was the remains of what appeared to be a late model
     Esprit that has suffered serious crash and fire damage.
          Now I reckon myself pretty adept at recognizing
     cars, but this one is so bad off it took me a good while
     to figure out what I was looking at. And before you get
     all excited, let me just say that I'm as optimistic as
     anyone about projects and I wouldn't touch this mess.
          That said, if you took a red Esprit, removed the
     engine and transaxle, and then set the interior on fire
     and let it burn until all that was unburned was the rocker
     panels and bumper cores, that's what you'd find at the
     junkyard. Frame & suspension components appear to be
     intact, but that's about it. If anyone is curious, it's
     at ...

     E & H Auto Wreckers
     595 Trade Zone blvd.
     Milpitas, Calif.