floor cleaners and Westminsters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: floor cleaners and Westminsters
From: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 16:47:44 -0500 (CDT)
If memory serves, muriatic acid is sulfuric acid (battery acid). I
suppose you get a more or less standard concentration whenever you
buy the stuff to prepare dry batteries for service. I don't know why
hydrochloric acid wouldn't work just as well, though. Choose your
pollutant, sulfur dioxide or hydrogen chloride gas both will do a
number on your lungs!

About that Austin Westminster; I've never seen one but my copy of "
The Complete Catalogue of British Cars" by Culshaw and Horrobin has
the following: Austin Model A90 Westminster Saloon, 1954-56
        Engine: 6 cyl, 79.4 bore X 88.9 stroke, 2639 cc capacity
ohv, 7.3 to 1 CR, 85 BHP @ 4000.
        Wheelbase 8'7 3/4" coil front 1/2 elliptical rear,
        Weight 26 cwt
        Performance 0 - 50 12.5 sec., 21 standing quarter mile
        Fuel consumption 21 mpg (imperial gallons?)
        Max speed 85.7 mph
Sounds like a real slug but it might be interesting
        Lew Dove
        Dept. of Biological Sciences
        Western Illinois University
        Macomb, IL 61455