Re: cleaning gas tank

To: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Subject: Re: cleaning gas tank
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 23:31:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 7 Jul 1994, Marcus Tooze wrote:

> I want to slush out my gas tank, but of course nobody in central
> IL has ever heard of such a practice...one guy even suggested I flush
> it out with water...he then added that I should probably take the tank of
> before I do this...no sh*t!
>
> So anyway, is there a commercial og the shelf product that i can do this with?
> I know the stuff in Eastwood is available but that means waiting a week
> plus the cost of shipping....surely there is another method!!??!!

You're not likely to find slushing compound at your local auto parts
store.  If you have an airport nearby, or an aircraft supply store, you
may find it there.  Aside from that, you're probably stuck with mail
order.  Moss Motors carries the stuff, as do several companies who
advertise regularly in Hemmings Motor News (Eastwood and Bill Hirsch in
particular).

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
feold@umd5.umd.edu    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)