Forwarded: Old car books/manuals, etc for sale...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Old car books/manuals, etc for sale...
From: montnaro@ausable.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 21:37:53 EDT
>From alt.autos.antiques.  You folks with oldies might want to scan this list
carefully.

   Newsgroups: alt.autos.antique
   From: ag936@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (R.P. Preston)
   Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 03:15:16 GMT

                ORIGINAL HANDBOOKS AND CATALOGS for sale

   Am strapped for cash, and with great reluctance am offering the
   following Vintage-car books for sale.  Most of these books
   belonged to my father who had a car dealership in London in the
   1920/30's.  Am intent as selling them as a single lot, but if you
   have need for a particular item, would be prepared to photocopy at
   $1.00 per page in black & white and $2.00 in colour.

   Make/Topic  Year  Description       Pages(C)   Notes
                                CATALOGS
                                --------

   Alvis       1929  Sales Catalog       24p E  4 cyl & 6 cyl,
                     (colour)                   10 Models from 485
                                                to 695
   Bentley     1928  Sales Brochure       7p F  4+ Litre, general
                     (colour)                    information

   Bentley     1928  Showroom Catalog    16p E  6 cyl 4+ Litre,
                     (colour)                   4 models from 1295
                                                to 1480

   Bentley     1928  Sales Brochure       6p F  6 cyl. 6+ L general
                     (colour)                   information

   Bugatti     1928  Showroom Catalog    16p E  4 & 8 cyl
                     (black & white)            Specifications for
                                                Types 33, 35, 35a,
                                                37, 38, 40, 43, & 44.

   Bugatti     1929  Showroom Catalog    11p E  4 & 8 cyl
                     (black & white)            Specifications for
                                                Types 37, 35a, 35,
                                                40, 44, 43 & Targo
                                                Florio Grand Prix.
                                                Prices 325 to 1475.

   Delage      1928  Showroom Catalog    15p E  6 cyl 6 models.
                     (colour)

   Invicta     1928  Showroom Catalog    30p E  6 cyl 4+ L, 8 models
                     (colour)                    from 1295 to 1550.

   Marendaz    1930? Sales Brochure       4p E  2 seater Sports
   Special           (black & white)            Cars 1.5 L (4 cyl), &
                                                14/55HP (8 cyl).

   Salmson     1928  Sales Brochure      28p G  Covers 11 models
                     (black & white)

   Salmson     1929  Sales Brochure      20p E  Covers 12 models from
                     (black & white)            the 2-seater sports @
                                                182, to the 4-door
                                                saloon @ 340.

   Zenith      1928  Catalogue           16p E  Priced Catalogue
   Carburettor       (b&w)                      of all vertical and
                                                horizontal types

   Zenith      1928? Sales Brochure       6p F  Pump types #104+
   Carburettor       (b&w)                      & 105

   Zenith      1928  Catalog and         32p G  Triple diffuser
   Carburettor       details (b&w)              types

                    MANUALS - (all in black & white)
                    --------------------------------

   Alfa Romeo  1928  Workshop/Owners     70p E  Type R. L. 6-cyl
                     Manual                     Touring and Sports
                                                Chassis, No.7 Series

   Alvis       1929? Workshop/Owners     68p E  Models TG & H 12/50,
                     Manual                     SD & TA 14.75

   Amilcar     1928? Instruction Book    24p F  Covers Petit Sport
                                                (C4), Grand Sport
                                                (CGS) & Sports (type
                                                G). (2 copies, one
                                                without cover)

   Bugatti     1923  Graissage et        24p F  1.5 Litre [in French]
                     Entretien

   Bugatti     1926  Conduite et         46p F  "Type 30" 1.5 L, 4
                     Entretien                  cyl & "Type 40" 2 L,
                                                8 cyl. [In French,
                                                with typed English
                                                translation.]

   Delage      1926  Workshop/Owners     24p F  Model DI SS, 4 cyl
                     Manual                     Sports

   Delage      1926  L'Entretien et le   26p F  Model DI, 4 cyl.
                     Rglage                    (11 CV).

   Lockheed    1930  Hydraulic Braking   15p G  Maintenance
   Brakes                                       instructions.

   Lucas       1928? Running             14p G  Electric Lighting
   Electrics         Instructions               Starting System.

   Lucas       1926  Running             11p E  General manual.
   Magnetos          Instructions

   Marles      1928? Maintenance          6p F  Types D2, L2, R2, &
   Steering          Instructions               V2 (2 slightly
                                                different copies).

   MG Midget   1932  Workshop Manual     79p G+ J Series, 2 seater.

   O.M.        1925  Workshop/Owners     67p G  Officine Meccaniche,
                     Manual                     Brescia, 15/45
                                                Chassis, Model 665, 2
                                                litre.
   Riley      1932? Workshop/Owners     32p F  Riley Nine, 1.08 L.
                     Manual

   Rotax       1928? Instruction         24p G  Electric Lighting
   Electrics         Book                       Starting and Ignition

   Salmson     1928? Entretien           31p F  In French
   Cyclecars         Equipments
                     Electriques (Ducellier)

   Salmson     1928  Maintenance         11p F  for 10 HP models.
                     Instructions

   Solex       1928? Instruction Booklet 31p G  Types "DV" & "DH"
   Carburettor       No.6

   Solex       1928? Instruction Booklet  6p E  Type "M.O."
   Carburettor

   Solex       1928? Instruction Booklet 16p G  Type "M"
   Carburettor

   Solex       1928  Fitting and         20p G  Types "MOV" & "MOH"
   Carburettor       instructions

   Sunbeam     1927  Handbook of         53p E  3 Litre Super-Sports
                     Instructions               Car

   Willys      1915? Workshop/Owners    110p G  for Model 75
   -Overland         Manual

   Zenith      1928  Fitting & Adjusting 24p G  Triple diffuser type
   Carburettor

                            GENERAL INTEREST
                            ----------------

   Car Prints  1930  8+ x 11 Colour       10 G  Supplements from
                     prints "Meteors of         "Autocar" magazine
                     the Road and Track"        Classic racing scenes
                     (by F.G.Crosby)

   Drivers     1934  Caricatures of ten    5 E  Supplements from
                     top race drivers           "Motor" magazine
                     (colour)

   Chapuis     1924  Automobile engines   8p F  General Arrg'mt.
   -Dornier                                     drawings and details
                                                of CST 59x100, 1.1
                                                litre engines.

                MISC CAR MANUALS - will sell individually

   Hillman     1946  Workshop manual    116p P  Finger & grease
   Minx              $30.00(US)                 marked

   Rambler     1962  Owners manual       56p F  Classic 6 &
                     $15.00(US)                 Ambassador V-8

   Standard    1960  Instruction Book    48p G  Series III Saloon &
   Vanguard          $15.00(US)                 Estate Wagon

   Chevrolet   1974  Service Manual    250?p G  Chev, Chevelle,
                     $45.00(US)                 Camaro, Monte Carlo,
                                                Nova, & Corvette

   Fisher      1974  Service Manual    200?p E  Covers all GM 1974
   Body              $40.00(US)                 Fisher bodies; Chev,
                                                Pontiac, Olds, Buick
                                                & Cadillac

   (C) Condition:  E = excellent; G = good;  F = fair;  P = poor.

   Phil Preston, Ottawa, Canada - voice phone (613) 829-3414

   --

--
Skip Montanaro (montanaro@ausable.crd.ge.com)
Now working for Automatrix - "World-Wide Communications Solutions"