TR7 stalls on LEFT turns...

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 stalls on LEFT turns...
From: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 94 23:51:01 MDT
Just when everything was going so GREAT with my TR7....

Beautiful weather (perhaps a bit too hot), consistant car running, free
time to actually enjoy...

I noticed that my car has developed a strange habit of trying to stall
on LEFT HAND turns. Thinking that the problem was float-level related, I
reset the levels. The car ran fine after that (for a couple of days),
but the problem returned today 8^( .

I can't seem to make the car stall doing RIGHT HAND turns, however.

The last time this occured, as well as this time, the car was fairly hot
} the temp gauge read a smidge over 1/2 (pretty hot for a TR7). After
the car cools off, I cannot repeat the behavior. I recall that even the
old engine (different cars also) exhibited this strange behavior.

Specifically: I have the dual Zenith Stromberg 175 CD carbs, car is my
'79 drophead coupe TR7.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

If so, what is the cause, solution, etc.?

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree (so to speak): Has anybody seen
these symptoms with an electrical fault or some other freak problem?

Thanx, I eagerly await your assistance!

Greg.
--
Internet: gall@ultrix.uleth.ca

"You miss too much these days if you stop to think"
By a famous Irish poet and philosopher, Bono of the band U2, circa '91.

'76 Triumph TR7 V8 (Buick 350) Fixedhead Coupe.
'77 Triumph TR7 4spd, A/C Fixedhead Coupe.              _   /|  A
'79 Triumph TR7 Auto Drophead Coupe.                    \`o_O'  C
'78 Mazda RX7.                                            ( )   K
'73 FIAT 128 Coupe SL 1300cc.                              U    !