Re: TR7 stalls on LEFT turns...

To: gall@beta.uleth.ca, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7 stalls on LEFT turns...
From: passaret@sol.med.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti x7-4485)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 10:08:25 CDT
# From gall@beta.uleth.ca Sun Jul 10 01:05:56 1994
# [...]
# I noticed that my car has developed a strange habit of trying to stall
# on LEFT HAND turns. Thinking that the problem was float-level related, I
# reset the levels. The car ran fine after that (for a couple of days),
# but the problem returned today 8^( .
#
# I can't seem to make the car stall doing RIGHT HAND turns, however.
#
# [...]
# Has anybody else experienced this problem?
#
# If so, what is the cause, solution, etc.?
#
# Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree (so to speak): Has anybody seen
# these symptoms with an electrical fault or some other freak problem?
#

Funny you should ask.  My '89 Shadow had these exact symptoms.
Tres annoying at autocrosses...  Turned out to be the (tiny,
under-engineered) wire from the coil to the "points" (actually
electronic widget in there).  Don't know if that's it, but there
you are.

                                                        -MM