Pulling wire wheel hubs & parting out a parts car.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Pulling wire wheel hubs & parting out a parts car.
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 11:05:18 EDT
The storage spot for my '71 MGB parts car is going away and I have spent
the last couple days pulling parts,  I've gotten just about everything
I want except the wire wheel hubs from the front and the rear axel.
I've pulled the steel wheel hubs from my "good" B before, but never
wire wheel hubs.  Is there anything different that I need to do aside
from the fact that the nut is deeply recessed?  How do you get the
grease cap off?

Does anyone have an idea of what the following parts are worth?
Anyone interested in them?  Make me an offer?

-Engine & transmission of unknown quality, I saw the engine run once for
a short time off propane through the carb.
-Set HS4 carbs
-Gauges (all except speedo, though I have '74 & '75 speedos
-Alternator
-Windshield glass & frame (glass is not cracked or chipped, has 1"
strip of white fogging at the bottom).
-Convertible top frame
-Driveshaft
-Wire wheel rear axel + front hubs (assuming I don't decide to convert my
 B to wires)
-4 somewhat rusty & dirty wire wheels
-heating fan
-center console
-glove box

The following items are spoken for - trunk, oil cooler, air pump &
pollution stuff, starter, brake & clutch masters, and tachometer
(though I do have a '75 tach).  What else should I think about
pulling?  There are no good body panels and the lights are all pretty
trashed or missing.

Thanks,

Bob