Vizard's book

To: british-2 <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vizard's book
From: Glenn Mapes <gmapes@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 94 08:51:00 mdt
To all interested parties - I have been reading David Vizard's book on
Tuning BL's A-Series Engine and would recommend it to anyone trying to
extract more hp from their engine. The Rimflo valves seem like a cheap way
to gain 4 - 5 hp with no other changes.  The book covers performance filter
(K&N are the way to go), carburation, intake manifolds, porting, etc - very
informative.

I have been restoring a 68 MGB for the last 4 years and finally got it
painted this spring.  It has been 20 years (college days) since I have had
this much fun driving.
There is nothing like a drive thru the mountains of Colorado with the top
down.

I have found two sources (so far) of Rimflo valves - Brit-Tek
(1.800.255.5883) and Oscelli Engineering. Brit-Tek has 1.69" intakes for
$39/ea and 1.44" exhaust for $35.50.  Oscelli has them for about $15-20
(US).

I very much enjoy the postings of the list.

Cheers
Glenn