re: trade plates & call for Jag/Rover owners

To: british-cars@autox.team.NET
Subject: re: trade plates & call for Jag/Rover owners
From: g.van.de.willige@med.rug.nl
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 1994 16:37:36 +0100 (MET)
>> Does anyone have a set of European registration plates that they
>> would care to trade for a set of Colorado license plates?  The
>> Colorado plates are green mountains on a white background with
>> white lettering.

> Yes, I have a set of European registration plates that I like to trade for a
>set
> of Colorado license plates. The plates are from Holland, but beware, they are
> rather dull. In fact, I have two sets from which you can choose. One set has a
> dark blue background with white lettering (reg. number .. - .. - , this is
>the
> old model, year of emission: 1973). The other set is the present-day model: a
> yellow (reflecting) background with black lettering (reg. number .. - .. -
>..,
> year of emission: 1988).

) Great!  I will mail you my set on Monday.  I'm interested in your dark
) blue one set.

Hi, Lawrence
Got your message and I'll send you my set today. As you'll see, I was wrong
about the actual reg. number on the blue plates. The number I quoted was from
another car from the same period: a french Talbot-Simca. The ones you'll be
receiving are originally from an Austin 2200 (Balanza-type), also from 1973.

Btw (I understand that this is the agreed upon abbreviation, which in Dutch
means something completely different: btw = VAT) why are you interested in
European registration plates? Are you collecting them?

Btw-2, I liked your story about the Jaguar/ Daimler. I owe a 1958 Jag Mk 9
myself. In due time I'll start a chassis-up restoration (after I've finished the
restoration of my 1962, Rover 3 litre -P5-). Cause I'm interested to hear
whether
there are more Jaguar Mk 7 - 9 and/ or Rover 3 - 3.5 ltr. owners/restorers on
the
list, I'll put this message on the net too. Please let me know.

Btw-3, Does anyone have a 3-litre Rover badge that they would care to trade for
.... well, whatever (a set of yellow European registration plates?)

Gerard van de Willige, Groningen, Holland
Jaguar Mk9 1958 (to be restored)
Rover 3-litre 1962 (under restoration)
Austin Glider 1100- Mk II 1972 (restored and daily transport)
Austin Princess 2200 1976 (wrecked, partly dismantled and donor car for the
others)