Re: sports 2+2

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sports 2+2
From: Chris Pallasch <cp@scimitar.pb.owl.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 23:08:07 CET
Salute Eric,

> British Cars Digest #1288

> Date:          Tue, 12 Jul 1994 06:53:47 EST

> From: "Eric Olson" <ERIC@chip.cba.ufl.edu>

> Subject:       sports 2+2 info needed

> I'm currently shopping for a new sportscar, armed with $7K and modest

[...]
> Jensen Interceptor - there are a few available roughly in my price

> range in Hemmings.  I know that it's got an old Chrysler big block.

> Can I get a decent specimen for $7K?  What are they like to drive?

> I don't want a British equivalent of an old Dodge handling-wise.

If you're also thinking about cars like the Interceptor, have you had a
look on the Reliant's ? Not the Sabres or SS1, but the SE?/GT? modells.
With a GFK coupe carossery as an inbetween of Interceptor/VolvoP1800
and a touch of Aston, fitted with a Ford Essex V6 they might by (also
the price) of intrest for you - O.K., it will be difficult to find one
in the states, but there are some RHDs in the UK or LHDs in germany
and switzerland to be sold.

> I'm also considering a couple of non-British lumps, like Porsche 912,

> early Alfa Romeo GTVs, and the Fiat 124 Sports Coupe.  Although this

> is heresy, any comments or other recommendations?

I guess an Alfa GTA would also be a realy nice choice. Porsche, hm, I
don't like them, neither old nor new ones (except the 356). Fiat, was
the 124 coupe the low-end pendant to the Dino ? Smart - nice car. Last
but not least, if looking for a coupe, the Ford OSI with it's italian
design is also very intresting.

          Gruss
             Chris

--
SCIMITAR: If you know someone, who's selling his Reliant Scimitar SS1 (LHD),
          crash car or bad condition, please instantly e-mail me.