Re: TVR

To: tjhiggin@ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Subject: Re: TVR
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 10:06:46 PDT

> As to engines, some used the Triumph 2.5-liter, some used the Mustang
> 289, current models use the Rover V8 (I think).  I wasn't aware that
> TVR ever used the B-series.  TVR are similar to Lotus, buying

Technically speaking I think these were Griffiths not TVRs (unless
TVR also made a version with a 289 that I'm not aware of).  The
Griffith was assembled in the US during the 60's.  Body and chassis
parts were TVR but the engine was Ford and I would guess the rearend
was not the same as used in 2.5 litre TVR.

> Now that BMW owns Rover, I read somewhere that TVR are the largest
> all-British automaker, followed closely by Morgan.  What will these
> two do for an engine when BMW cancels the Rover V8?

Same as A.C., I guess.  Buy 'em from Ford.

Roland