Re: TVR

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
Subject: Re: TVR
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 16:31:55 -0500 (CDT)
Roland writes >

> Technically speaking I think these were Griffiths not TVRs (unless
> TVR also made a version with a 289 that I'm not aware of).

TVR did make Ford-V8-engined cars.  At one time, I saw a test in R&T\ (bet
it is in the Brooklands Gold Portfolio) of two cars, the Tuscan and the
Vixen, one with a Triumph 2.5-liter and the other with the Ford V-8.  No,
of course I don't remember which is which.

> > two do for an engine when BMW cancels the Rover V8?

Why should they cancel it?

> Same as A.C., I guess.  Buy 'em from Ford.

I know you like Fords, Roland, but the Buick/Rover V8 is LIGHT.