Back from holidays !

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Back from holidays !
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 11:27:23 -0400 (EDT)
Well, here I am at the screen again, and a lot has happened in the two weeks.
First of all a big thank you to John Kolb for the full lyrics to Woad. My
six year old and I saing it five times at HIGH volume whilst wholloping
trees wit hthe large sticks we were weilding !

On the topic of thank yous (as Fleming Larsen said) what ever happened to
the thank you note? My wife is a fierce defender of the custom and we
rarley GET one. I actually put a top on a fellows TR3 and he did not even
thank me when he left. He was VERY pleased but just didn't think to say
the words.  Another day I buffed a fellows entire car and he said it
looked great, and was off down the driveway waving.

I think that the custom of thanking to time to write a quick note is very
nice.

----------------

I was sorry to miss Marcus Tooze while he was in Toronto with out his
phone list. Gee, I washed the Healey, I even had a bath myself. Bought a
new pair of jeans with no holes in the knee. Later that weekend I cried
for hours and could not be consoled.

Seriously, we'll try again next time, and yes my number is unlisted. I
should have said that !

---------------

I DID met Greg Petrolati and his wife and several friends. We had a
really fun evening eating Italian food and talking cars. Great people
all.It was 11;30 before we knew it.

On the car front I had a real scare with the TR3. One cylinder decided to
read 60 while the rest were 120. I should never have bought a gauge !
I was sure I had done in a valve.

In the end it was a sticking valve !! YAE !!!!  And the clearance were
all off. I now have 150 across the board !!! It pulls like a train.

It's good to be back.

CB