TOOLS for the JOB, or VICE versa

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TOOLS for the JOB, or VICE versa
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 15:38:40 -0400 (EDT)
There was a nice Victorian novel, by I think Jerome K. Jerome, called
Three Men in a Boat. The first fellow reads a Medical Dictionary and
realizes that he has all the symptoms of all the diseases except Widows
Knee. It's very funny.

Anyway, I digrease (sorry)...

It occurred to me that both the PO of my Healey and my good friens Stuart
and his TR6 own almost no tools. They drice around in a bliss with no
parts in thr trunk. Nothing happens. Thry just enjoy their cars until
something really big goes bang . As yet it has not happened to them.

I, on the other hand own hundreds of tools and work on my cars every week
it seems.  I carry sapres for the spares. Things happen.

Then I began to wonder if it was the tools that were doing it to justify
themselves !  I bought a lovely MIG welder and the chassis on the Healey
collapsed. I bought a ColourTune and my carbs all went mad ! I Bought a
very nice compression gauge and a valve stuck.

That's it. No more tools. I can't handle the work.
I'm going to let the cars heal themselves !