TR6 Clutch Mystery

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars)
Subject: TR6 Clutch Mystery
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 10:08:39 MDT
I recently added a'73 TR6 to my collection and am acctivly trying to get
it on the road.  However I have encountered a minor set back.

When I picked the car up the cluch would not disengage, a quick
inspection of the hydrolics showed that they were shot.  I rebuilt the
master and slave cylinders and reassembled.  Still no go, the hydrolics
are working but the cluth was still engaged.  So I pulled the trany and
found the typical sheared pin in the throw out fork, the fork itself was
also cracked and the bearing was shot.  I checked the cluch itself and
it looks good.  After replacing all the broken parts and reassembling,
it still will not disengage.

I plan to pull the trany again this week end, but am hoping that
someone has encountered this before and might know what I am looking
for.  Especially if it can be fixed without removing the trany again.
Thanks in Advance,
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley