Re: TR6 Clutch Mystery

To: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars)
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Mystery
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 15:25:14 CST

Was the clutch plate installed backwards? If the longer side of the hub
is mounted on the flywheel side, to quote Haynes, "you will find the
clutch quite impossible to disengage."

Subject: TR6 Clutch Mystery
Author:  britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date:    7/20/94  10:08 AM

I recently added a'73 TR6 to my collection and am acctivly trying to get
it on the road.  However I have encountered a minor set back.

When I picked the car up the cluch would not disengage, a quick
inspection of the hydrolics showed that they were shot.  I rebuilt the
master and slave cylinders and reassembled.  Still no go, the hydrolics
are working but the cluth was still engaged.  So I pulled the trany and
found the typical sheared pin in the throw out fork, the fork itself was
also cracked and the bearing was shot.  I checked the cluch itself and
it looks good.  After replacing all the broken parts and reassembling,
it still will not disengage.

I plan to pull the trany again this week end, but am hoping that
someone has encountered this before and might know what I am looking
for.  Especially if it can be fixed without removing the trany again.
Thanks in Advance,
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley