re: Outer side window seal placement on MGB-GT (70)

To: peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu
Subject: re: Outer side window seal placement on MGB-GT (70)
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 9:39:39 -0700 (MST)
john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu> writes:

> Finally, I see no way to replace these outer seals on the door windows
> without removing the windows completely. If anyone out there has done
> this little job and can suggest the best way to do it, I'd be most thankful.

Well, if they're anything like Triumph seals, the easiest way to do
it is:

 1.  Lower the window.  Pry up one end of the seal, grab it, and yank it out.
 2.  Raise the window.  Remove the inner door trim.  Reach up under
     and pull the clips off.  You may need to tap them off from above
     with a screwdriver.
 3.  Take a flat strip of metal about 1/2 inch wide (those blanking
     pieces that you remove from personal computers when you install
     interface cards work really well), and bend the end into a tight
     "J" shape of the size to hold one clip.
 4.  Lower the window.  Put a clip into your homemade tool, lower it
     into the gap, put the strip in place, yank up on the tool to pull
     the clip into place.
 5.  Continue with the rest of the clips.

I've done two Triumphs this way, dunno about MGBs...