Re: Bricklund?? Info?

To: holl@priacc.com (Christopher Holl)
Subject: Re: Bricklund?? Info?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 15:20:58 PDT
>      to a (Ford 351?).  Although Malcom Bricklin is American, he wound up
>      building the car in Canada for economic reasons.  After the car
>      company folded, he became the US importer for Yugo.

If I remember correctly Bricklin turn the hardware retail business he
inherited from his father into the giant Handyman chain.  He sold the
chain for millions about the time the business peaked and went on to
other entrepreneurial undertakings, mostly unsuccessful it seems.  He
was the one who imported those 2-stroke engined Subarus in the early
'70s that Consumer Reports hated so much.  I didn't know he had been
involved in the Hugo fiasco as well.  Reckon he should have stayed
in the hardware business.

Roland