Wiring Harness Re-wrap

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring Harness Re-wrap
From: howersl@ttown.apci.com (Scott Hower)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 18:31:01 EDT
Greetings fellow LBC lovers.

Are you in the process of restoring your LBC??
Is your wiring harness looking kind of grungy??
Not to keen on parting with $300+ for a new one??
I found myself in this exact situation and was
searching high and low for the *correct* shade
of tape to re-wrap the thing.  Forget the Home
Depot/radio Shack stuff, it looks tacky and
never matches.  I have found a great shade of UL
listed hi/low temp electrical tape.  The stuff
is almost identical to the original in color but
isn't quite as shiny.  It sticks like mad and
is a bargain at just over a buck a roll.  I
carefully peeled off the outer layer of my
harness (they are double wrapped) and redid the
whole thing for less that twenty bucks.
Respond directly if interested for more details
(Sorry, lacquer braided LBCers, you're on your own)

Scott Hower
73 MGB
79 Spitfire