TR6 Mystery (misery) Clutch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Mystery (misery) Clutch
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 12:09:54 -0400 (EDT)
Here is poor Kevin in the clutches of a most engaging dilema. (Sorry)
I have seen two things cause this refusal to disengage, but both involve
taking the box off again I'm afraid.

One is the classic "oops - the other side saying FACING THE FLYWHEEL" but
the shop asking the question is too good for that I think.

The other cause is the the TR6 used several permutations and brands of
clutches, with varying degrees of success. It may be that someone
replaced JUST the plate and that it is of a different make. The fingers
or diaphram, as a result, can't do the job even while moving.

The only thing you could try before undoing all those damn bolts again is
using a different hole on the release lever to increase the travel some.

(You did lightly lub the splines? I find the 6 likes a little MOLY B)

Good luck. Let us know.

Chris Ball