Re: Rover V8 vs. BMW

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Cars)
Subject: Re: Rover V8 vs. BMW
From: Chris Pallasch <cp@scimitar.pb.owl.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 21:54:59 CET
Salute

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 09:41:00 BST
> From: jde@eng.cam.ac.uk
> Subject: TVR V8 engines
>
> The good news is that TVR is developing its own V8. I do not
> know any technical details but it is caled the "AJP" if my

Is this (to be) developed motor based on the Rover V8 or a complete
new one ?

        Gruss
          Chris

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 10:34:44 EDT
> From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
> Subject: Drinking and Dreaming
>

>         Hey Jim Finn,
>
>         Where can I get some of that cheap scotch?
>         See you on the pike...

Depends on where you wanna ride :-)

A good "scottish" ride would be after a visit of the smalles
scottish destillery - yes, some miles from the states - near
Pitlochry (near Perth) - THAT's great 8-)

Non scotch, the 'red' way is also not so bad. Just tried it this
spring in the ebro delta in spain with red wine.
Have you ever been to the catalans in spain ? It seems to be
some king o'must - the roads are perfect and it wouldn't be
strange thinking of races like the mille miglia.

        Gruss
          Chris

P.S. Only 4 days to wait and my Scimi will see the frenc atlantic
     coast :-))
     Oh, I just phoned with my friend, who's already at Quimperle
     (french coast) and he told me, he saw an french Scimitar SS1!
     Never heared of a Scimitar SS1 to be there. Only in the UK,
     austria, switzerland, germany and luxembourg there are SS1's
     known to exist. Perhaps I've the chance to meet him somewhere.

> ------------------------------

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 10:56:09 +0600
> From: todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
> Subject: Rover V8 vs. BMW

> > two do for an engine when BMW cancels the Rover V8?
>
> I believe the plan is to replace the old (old?  try _ancient_) Rover unit
> with one of the brand-spanking-new, 100K-miles-til-first-tuneup BMW V8s.
> Well, this is the plan for Land Rover, dunno about road cars.
>
> Me, I'm waiting around for a junked 540i so I can stuff the motor into
> my 'B...

Gosh, no ! There are - thank god - enough cars left with "mechanical"
motors, where you can see everything, put on hand by your own and
don't need a computer for service and repairs.
What can make someone what to have a motor that looks like a clean,
quadratic alu-box ?
Yes, shure, for a modern limousine or coupe, it's a realy good engine,
I like BMW, but for a british one ? In my opinion there are only the
Ford Essex or Rover V8 for the larger ones.

It's just like the Scimitar SS1. This year a new modell was brought out
by the company that bought Reliant several year ago (Beans ?). The new
one, called "Scimitar Sabre" not only looks like a SS1, which had to be
build with a crew of Miata engeneers <uuuuhhhaa> but is also fitted with
a new Rover 1.4l engine instead of the old Ford 4cyl. Hm, ... everything
is round, everything fitts, nothing shakes - not british ;-)

           Gruss
              Chris

P.S. Like my brother says: I nice to know if the the ant, you just drover
     over, was male or female :-)

Oh, btw, is anyone of the list at the german AvD "Oldtimer Grand Prix"
at the Nuerburgring in germany ?

        Gruss
          Chris

--
SCIMITAR: If you know someone, who's selling his Reliant Scimitar SS1 (LHD),
          crash car or bad condition, please instantly e-mail me.